His Relenless Love

A blog from a lover's heart

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Coincidence

Coincidences seem like just that, coincidences, to people with unbelief. To believers, well, we just know better. God has an infallible plan that goes far beyond what our little brains can comprehend. With that, let me tell you about my night by prefacing it with a short story.

I LOOOOOVE John and Lisa Bevere. They are amazing, incredible, heaven grabbing individuals who, quite literally, know how to bring the power and the glory of God into where ever they are. *For those of you who don't know them they are a husband and wife who are both authors and speakers. You can check out their website at www.messangerinternational.com* Okay, so I had the amazing privilege of going to a conference and meeting Lisa Bevere back in February!*See totally rockin' picture where I look like a nerd because I was so excited to meet her!* She was amazing, and totally life changing. So, my dad lives in Tucson and I found out that John Bevere would be speaking at a church in Tucson on Mother's Day. I badgered him pretty much daily to go. I sent him the address to the church and told him how awesome it would be. I was incessant. The Sunday came and went and he didn't go. womp womp womp. I was sad, not that he didn't go, so much as I was sad that he didn't get his face rocked off by God that day. I reminded him of that church a few more times, and told him that was the place to be.

Last night he texts me and tells me that he went to an awesome church service. I asked him where, really what I wanted to know was if he got out of his comfort zone and went anywhere other than his normal place. He told me where he went and my jaw HIT THE FLOOR. I asked "Was it amazing? Did God rock your face off!?" He responded "Have you heard of it?" My reply was simply "DAD!!! That is THE church I have been trying to get you to go to for WEEKS!" For you readers, if you didn't just get chills let's recap: I told Dad to go to a rockin' spirit-filled church. He didn't go. Weeks pass, and Dad seems to forget exactly where I told him to go. In a seemingly coincidental series of events my dad gets invited to the EXACT church I had been telling him to go to. Coincidence? I think not.

God has seriously been blowing my mind lately and I LOVE it. He can keep rockin' my world like this anytime He wants. I know it was not coincidence that my dad ended up at that church, and if he continues to go there I KNOW God will blow his mind.

I was just in total awe and worship this morning sort of giggling to myself at God's plan all along and I really just felt like God himself was chuckling with him, ruffling my hair and saying "see, I got this kiddo." And He does. Oh, does He ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment